1. Collection of personal data
Personal data includes but is not limited to names, contact numbers, email addresses, place of residence, NRIC or FIN numbers, dates of birth and individual photographs.
Personal data may be collected:
- when you fill in our application or registration form with the intent of registering with us for purposes such as enrolment in a course, lecturing position, employment, etc.;
- when you submit your personal data on our website with the purpose of an enquiry;
- when you contact us personally via phone or email regarding Make The Change’s matters (for example, employment, schedules, course syllabus, - course consultation, promotions, etc.); or
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
2. Usage and disclosure of personal data
Make The Change will only use personal data provided for the purposes specified when the information is requested or given. Such purposes may include:
- administration and/or processing of your application/contract/enquiry, etc.;
- dissemination of information to facilitate administration, and processing of staff/lecturer/student/alumni matters.;
- providing support and/or updates;
- responding to feedback;
- communication purposes informing staff/lecturer/student/alumni of events, talks, seminars, activities, promotions, etc.;
- managing and administration of staff, student, lecturer and alumni records; and
- to manage and administer our websites and platforms and to provide other services to you.
2. Make The Change shall take appropriate and reasonable measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use, modification, copying, leakage, loss, damage, or disclosure. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorised use of your personal data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
2.1 Subject to paragraph 2.2 below, Make The Change will not disclose your personal data without your consent unless required or authorised by applicable laws and/or regulations, or unless disclosure is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health and/or safety of yourself or another individual.
2.2 Make The Change will not disclose your personal data to any third party organizations unless for reasons stated above or where such disclosure without your consent is permitted by PDPA. For example, we may share your information with:
our funding organizations for reporting purposes; or
our partners who help us in the administration or operation of our institution.
We will ensure that such third parties agree to protect your information in compliance with the PDPA.
3. Accuracy and access to personal data
To ensure Make The Change provides the most relevant services to you, you must update us in a timely manner for changes to your personal data provided to us by submitting your request to the administration department or email us at: email@example.com.
Make The Change may also request personal data updates from you if deemed necessary (e.g. suspected error in the personal data provided).
You may request to access/view your own personal data that is with Make The Change at any time. To do so, please submit your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this request is limited to your own personal data only and not of other individuals.
Make The Change shall not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete personal data where you did not promptly update us of any changes to your personal data that you had initially provided.
4. Retention of personal data
Make The Change will destroy and/or anonymise your personal data in our possession or under our control as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
5. Withdrawal of consent
You may withdraw your consent to any or all uses or disclosures of your personal data for the purposes listed in this policy by submitting your request via email to email@example.com.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all uses or disclosures of your personal data, depending on the nature of your request to withdraw, we may not be suited or equipped to engage with you or to continue providing services to you.
6. Revisions to the policy
If you have any other queries regarding PDPA related policies and procedures, or you would like to request any actions regarding your personal data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like a copy of some or all of the information we hold about you, please contact us at
7. Contacting you
We will only contact you if we have your consent to do so. We will normally obtain your consent when you become a user or Make The Change.
For existing and new users, when we contact you, we will provide you with an unsubscribe facility, in case you decide that you do not want to be contacted again. You should follow the instructions which are included when we contact you, if you wish to unsubscribe from future messages.
8. Third-party services
9. Transferring information outside of Singapore
When our partners who help us in the administration or operation of our institution are based in other locations, your information may be transferred outside of Singapore. We will work with any such third parties to make sure that they provide a standard of protection to personal data transferred that is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.